Proverbs 15:23 says, Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time!
Isn’t that the truth? Our words can be so powerful…either for bad or for good. We all know the feeling of having someone say the wrong thing at the wrong time—an unkind remark, a restatement of an obvious failure, gossiping about us behind our backs, a complaint about us, etc. I hope that you also have experienced the positive power of words—a kind word, a compliment, a thank you, a word of encouragement. I wonder why we don’t think about that more when we talk to people? I wish that I did.
This past week God brought several people into my life to encourage me with their words…a fellow pastor, a student, my wife, a volunteer, and a friend just to mention a few. I’m thankful for them and their thoughtfulness and I enjoyed their fitting words very much. It got me to thinking whether or not people felt the same way about me!
So what about you, have you been an encouragement to someone today because of what you have said? How would our friendships, families, youth group, church and world be different if we took Proverbs 15:23 seriously?
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment